Category: Recipes Recipes
This recipe uses ground turkey meat, but it actually tastes like beef. The beef taste is a trick of the spices used.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 3/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 4 tsp. onion powder
- 2 3/4 Tbsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 2/3 Tbsp. achiote molido (annatto)
- 1 1/3 cups salsa
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 medium-sized onion
- 1 tsp. Sea salt
- 32 oz. Monterey jack cheese
- 3⁄4 tsp. sea salt
- 4 cups organic flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. active dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 1/2 Cups of water
- Preheat the oven to 450° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the crust ingredients together and let sit for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the bell peppers and the onion into tiny pieces.
- Shred the Monterey jack cheese.
- In a large pot, first cook the ground turkey alone until it is brown for safety.
- Then add the other filling mixture ingredients and simmer until the peppers and onions are soft.
- Let it cool a little.
- Cut crust into pieces and roll out.
- Put Monterey Jack on half of each rolled-out crust and leave 1⁄2 to 1 inch around outside edge.
- Put meat on top of the existing cheese underlayer and then top it with more cheese.
- Use water around the edges as a glue and fold the tops over.
- Seal it with a fork around the edges.
- Place these on a greased pan.
- Poke with fork to prevent air from exploding them.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes.