Category: Recipes Recipes
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1 Cabbage
- 40 Egg roll wrappers
- 2 Carrots
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Hot sauce (e.g. Frank's RedHot)
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Dill weed
- Pre-heat the deep fryer to 350° F.
- Bake chicken according to package directions.
- Shred carrots using a potato peeler.
- Finely dice cabbage like you would for cold slaw.
- Cut chicken into tiny strips.
- Place cabbage, carrots, and chicken into a pan.
- Spice the mixture with the remaining ingredients. (See "Notes" below)
- Heat at medium temperature and stir constantly. Continue until vegetables soften.
- Wrap the cabbage mixture with the egg roll wrappers, as if your were making burritos. Use water to help seal the wrapper. Simply moisten and stick it together.
- Place the uncooked rolls into a deep fryer.
A deep fryer is necessary for this recipe. We recommend the use of peanut oil in the fryer and for all frying. Amounts for the ingredients are not given because the size of cabbages varies too much. Here are some spicing recommendations: Use all of the ingredients heavily. Cabbage has a dulling effect upon the spices, so use lots of each spice. You should use enough hot sauce to tint the cabbage slightly red, which could require half a bottle or even more. To get the sort of oriental flavor that most people expect, go especially heavy with the cumin. Some experimentation may be required to get your version of perfection, but this dish is never bad. Also, the vitamin U in the cabbage heals stomach ulcers rather quickly.