Category: Recipes Recipes
- 16 ounces Gouda cheese
- 2 onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 1⁄4 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- Sub rolls
- Black pepper
- 1 package thinly sliced steak strips
- Grate the Gouda cheese, and dice the red bell pepper into small cubes.
- In a medium saucepan, add the milk, red bell pepper cubes, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, salt, and a couple of handfuls of the grated Gouda cheese.
- Begin on high heat. When the ingredients are steaming and melted, reduce to medium heat, and slowly add the rest of the Gouda cheese.
- Cut the green peppers and onions into thin strips.
- Place the green pepper strips into a cast iron frying pan with a light layer of peanut oil.
- Fry the peppers for 5 minutes, then add the onions to the pan.
- Shake a heavy dusting of black pepper over the vegetables, and a light dusting of salt.
- Fry them together over medium heat, and periodically add more oil if it is necessary to prevent sticking.
- Cook steak strips according to package directions.