Sometimes it is okay to reward ourselves. This tantalizing cake is healthier than anything that can be bought. We simply dare you to find a chocolate cake that tastes better.
Cake Base Ingredients
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 6 Tbsp. softened, unsalted butter
- 2 3⁄4 cups of powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- Mix evaporated cane juice, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Add beaten eggs, milk, and oil.
- Mix for two minutes.
- Bring cup of water to a boil.
- Stir the boiling water into the mix.
- Evenly distribute the batter into a greased and floured pan.
- Cook the cake for 35-40 minutes in an oven that has been preheated to 350° F.
- While the base is cooking, make the frosting by power mixing the frosting ingredients together.
- Wait until the cake is cool, and then apply frosting.